Monday, September 3, 2012

The adventure begins!

Finally! After being delayed about 2 months because of bureaucracy, I am starting on my journey today. Since winter is coming, I will have to hurry to visit the northern part of Asia first. So I will start my journey with visiting China, Mongolia and Japan.

This morning I will fly out from Budapest at 8:40 AM, change in Kiev and arrive to Beijing on Tue, Sep. 4 at 4:40 AM. For geeks like me: the first flight takes 1h 45m, the time between the flights is 4h 05m and the second flight takes 8h 10m, which makes the total travel time just 14h, but another 6 hours are lost due to time zones.

I plan to visit the northern part of China by train, hopefully traveling along the whole of the Beijing-Ürümqi line in about 4 or 5 days and also visiting the Great Wall with a Beijing-Badaling train.

On Sep. 15 I will fly to Mongolia (airplane ticket already purchased). I decided on flying because there are not many places on the Beijing-Ulaanbataar line where I would like to stop, so it is more convenient to fly 2 hours vs. taking the train for 1.5 days. I am planning on staying two weeks in Mongolia.

4 comments:

  1. Japán? Hozzávetőleges dátumot tudsz mondani? Ha tervezel Kansai-ba jönni (Osaka, Kyoto, Nara környéke) mindenképpen szóljál.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Igen, nagy valoszinuseggel oktober elso napjaiban kezdek Japan eszaki reszen es kb. ket het alatt vegigutazom vonattal a deli csucskeig. Szolok amint tudok pontosabb datumokat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robert !
    And where are you now? :-)
    ---
    Thanks,
    Niels.

    ReplyDelete